I was about to add them to the thrift store pile, when I decided to experiment. Hey, it was Saturday morning, what else would I be doing – cleaning a messy house?
There’s no way I could fit into his jeans, and I prefer skirts, so here goes……
First, I cut a few inches away from the fly front, trying to get as straight a vertical line as possible.
I did the same on the left front, and both sides of the center back seam. Then, I cut it to roughly the finished skirt length.
I placed the outside leg seams as new center front and center back because I like the stitch detail. I chopped the waistband off and made a new one from the extra “leg” fabric, with a spotty lining. I needed a fastening, so used 3 brass buttons.
Hey presto, a new freebie skirt (and an even messier house!)
Two weeks later…
I was going to wear my new skirt, but when I tried it on, I began to think it was a little short for me. So, headphones on (some Franz Ferdinand), and back to the machine.Took a look at my (never dwindling) fabric stash. Decided to just go with my first instinct, and pulled out a black and blue stripe, and added a border…………a better length, and much more my style!