Another $3 Goodwill find – a Target T-shirt, new with price tag ($12). Forgot to take a before pic, but found this one on Ebay.
I decided to make a tank, but wanted to brighten it up with contrast trim from the stash. I started off looking for fabric that would coordinate tastefully, but old habits die hard, and I pulled out a garish stripe – YES-S-S!
I cut off the sleeves, and reshaped and lowered front and back neck, and overlocked on strips of my striped fabric. Cut the threads, turned off The Paddingtons (No Mundane Options), and left the room. Done!
Identity 2: TANK
I get excited when I know I’ve got a fresh new garment waiting to be worn, so a couple of days later, I feverishly threw on my tank with a pair of shorts and looked in the mirror – what a disappointment – uninspiring and shapeless 😦
Time to get the scissors out again…….
I still liked the
non-matching contrast trim, so this time, I cut off below the bust. Rifling through a lot of fabric, I found a crinkly grey knit piece. I cut rectangles for a back and front skirt, and then 2 triangles to make flared panels for the sides. Overlocked everything together, and my tank morphed into a dress.
Identity 3: DRESS