I decided to organize my giant bags of potential refashion victims.
- took everything out
- folded garments
- put aside things to try on if they might only require a quick tweak
- listed everything in the bag to cut down on future rummaging
…………..3 days later
- try-ons are still folded on the sofa
- BAGS #2 & beyond remain unsorted, because I did actually achieve 2 refashions before I ran out of weekend.
REFASHION 1 – the Python (?) Print T-shirt
When I was a student, I loved wearing animal prints for their kitsch and retro quality. Now, many years (and lbs on) I fear me, clad in printed animal skins, may give off more of a Golden Girls/Florida Retirement Home vibe!
Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, and if the whole project goes pear-shaped (to match the bod), I lose a couple of hours I could have spent cleaning the kitchen, and $3 to Goodwill, not much of a risk.
Needed music that was upbeat – Eight Legs kept me going.
I pinned the shirt together at shoulder seams, so CB and CF were on a fold, and cut a slightly deeper neck at the front, and a square one on the back.
Still not convinced I could pull off the print as is, I decided to add a contrast neckband, hoping it would look a bit more sporty. I used a striped scrap from the stash, and stitched on one continuous band running from the vertical side of the back neck around the front to the other side, and a short band across the horizontal of the back neck. I stitched on 2 straps in a V for extra detail.
Not bad, hopefully it will look OK with faded jeans, or denim skirts (I’m partial to a denim skirt or two in the summer – disguises my bum better than jeans do!).
And, Refashion #2 follows…..